NATIONAL HIGHWAY AUTHORITY
OFFICE OF GENERAL MANAGER
(BALOCHISTAN WEST-MAKRAN) GWADAR
Fish Harbour Road, Gwadar Ph:0864-210248
No: GM/BW (Maint)/NHA/GWD/2020/ __ December, 2020
The Deputy Director (PR),
National Highway Authority,
Subject: ADVERTISEMENT OF INVITATION & RE-INVITATION FOR BID (IFB) FOR SUBMISSION OF TECHNICAL & FINANCIAL BIDS FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE, EMERGENCY & SPECIAL MAINTENANCE WORKS FOR THE F.Y 2017-08 & 2019-20 ON N-10 & N-85, BALOCHISTAN WEST MAKRAN REGION, GWADAR.
References: i. Member (E.C) ltr No. ( )/GM (RAMD)/NHA/2020/225, dt: 11-11-2020.
ii. G.M (RAMD) ltr No. 1 (38) GM (RAMD)/NHA/2020/925, dt: 30-11-2020.
ii. G.M (RAMD) ltr No. 1 (38-A) GM (RAMD)/NHA/2020/970, dt: 03-12-2020.
The attached IFB for Bids for submission of Technical & Financial Bids regarding the captioned subject of (Balochistan West Makran) Gwadar Region may please be released to following three leading National Newspapers for publishing in minimum possible size through concerned advertisement agency.
i. Daily Jang, Quetta
ii. Daily Intikhab, Hub
iii. Daily Dawn, Karachi
- Furthermore, it is requested translation of the NIT in Urdu shall also be uploaded at the NHA website.
- Copy of newspapers wherein the advertisement appears may be sent to this office after its publication in media for information and further necessary action, please.
Encl: As above (Engr. Mushtaq Ahmed Kubdani)
General Manager (Bal.West-Makran)
- Member (West Zone) NHA, Quetta.
- Member (Engg. Coord) NHA, Islamabad.
- Member (Planning) NHA, Islamabad.
- Incharge (Monitoring & Inspection) NHA, Islamabad.
- General Manager (P&CA) NHA, Islamabad.
- General Manager (RAMD) NHA, Islamabad.
- Director (Maint. West-Makran) NHA, Gwadar.
- Director (Coord. West Zone) NHA, Quetta.
- Director (MIS) NHA, Islamabad– With request to upload attached IFB & bid
documents on NHA’s Website for information of all concerned, please.
- Deputy Director (Accounts, West Makran) NHA, Gwadar.
- Dy. Director (PPRA), Islamabad- With request to upload the attached IFB
On PPRA’s Website.
GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS
NATIONAL HIGHWAY AUTHORITY
INVITATION & RE-INVITATION FOR BIDS (IFB)
FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE, EMERGENCY & SPECIAL MAINTENANCE WORKS FOR THE F.Y 2017-08 & 2019-20, ON N-10 & N-85,
BALOCHISTAN WEST-MAKRAN REGION, GWADAR.
National Highway Authority (NHA) Balochistan-West Makran Region, Gwadar invites sealed bids from eligible bidders who can prove their eligibility and qualification as mentioned in the Bidding Documents for the following Routine Maintenance Work, Emergency and Special Maintenance Works for F.Y 2017-08 & 2019-20. Brief description of Contracts with estimated cost is mentioned hereunder:
- ROUTINE MAINTENANCE WORKS:
Sr. No. Contract No. Chainage / Route Estimated Cost (Rs) Financial Competence Cash Flow / Turnover (Mil)
- RM-WM-2019-20-1012 165 ~ 180, N-10 5,637,072.38 4 & 6
- RM-WM-2019-20-1037 525 ~ 540, N-10 3,563,257.53 2 & 3
- RM-WM-2019-20-1070 335 ~ 350, N-85 2,699,127.89 2 & 3
- EMERGENCY WORKS:
- EM-WM-2019-20 -1001 073+00, N-10 5,465,000/- 4 & 5
- EM-WM-2019-20 -1002 359+00 to 364+00, N-10 8,303,000/- 6 & 8
- EM-WM-2019-20 -1003 365+00 to 369+00, N-10 3,992,000/- 2 & 3
- EM-WM-2019-20 -1004 369 +00 to 371+00, N-10 3,464,000/- 2 & 2
- EM-WM-2019-20 -1005 377+00 to 378+00, N-10 6,747,000/- 4 & 5
- SPECIAL MAINTENANCE WORK:
- SM-WM-2017-18-1006 365+00 to 366+00, N-85 2,764,215/- 2 & 3
- Bidding process (Technical-Financial) will be carried out by adopting “Single Stage Two Envelope” procedure.
- Bidders are required to be registered with Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) with a valid Registration Certificate in Category C-5 or above with specialization in CE-01 & CE-10 for the year 2020 & 2021 and also provide active NTN Certificate from FBR Pakistan along with their Technical Bids (Mandatory).
- Financial Statements for last Three (03) years as per International auditing standards as applicable in Pakistan, duly issued by a Licensed Chartered Accountant Firm duly enlisted and appearing on the list of firms in ICAP directory must be provided along with Technical Bid (Mandatory).
- Similar nature of work at least two (02) Nos. contracts completed in last (05) Five years, value of each contract should not be less than the Engineer’s Estimate against the respective contract, as applied for. However, the Letter of Award, Completion Certificates of these works should be attached with Technical Bid (Mandatory).
- Tender documents can be download from NHA’s website www.nha.gov.pk or the same can be purchased from the office of Director (Maintenance) Balochistan West Makran office Gwadar during working hours / working days till 10-01-2021 on written request of firm’s letter head accompanied with pay order / demand draft amounting to Rs. 2,000/- in favor of National Highway Authority Retention Money Account (non-refundable). The bidders are advised to visit the site thoroughly before submission of bids. The eligibility criteria for Pre-qualification of the prospective bidders shall be deemed as per provision of relevant clauses of the bid documents as well as NIT.
- Bid Security/Earnest Money @ 2% of the Engineer’s Estimate (applied for the respective contract) in shape of pay order/demand draft in favor of National Highway Authority, Retention Money Account, duly issued from schedule Bank of Pakistan and validity period upto 06 months must be accompanied with “Technical Proposal” (Mandatory). Photocopy of Bid Security or non-submission of Bid Security with Technical Bid may lead to disqualification / non-responsive.
- Bids will be received in the office of General Manager (Maintenance) Balochistan West Makran NHA, Gwadar on 12-01-2021 at 12:00 hours. Bidders’ representatives would be required to present the “Authority to Submit the Bid” while submitting the bids. The envelope containing “Technical Proposal” will be opened on the same day at 1:00 hours in the presence of bidder(s) representatives, who choose to attend. Second envelope containing “Financial Bid” of technically qualified bidder(s) will be opened later on, the date of which will be communicated to the qualified bidder after evaluation of the Technical Proposals. However Bids (Technical & Financial) received through Courier/postal mail will not be entertained.
- All prospective bidders are required to provide (i) an ownership certificate or lease agreement of the equipment and (ii) submit the authenticity of availability of technical staff as mentioned in Bidding Document along with Technical Proposal on Judicial Stamp Paper duly attested (Mandatory).
- The bidder(s) will also provide “No Litigation Certificate” and Non Black Listing of the respective firm by and Government Department Judicial Stamp Paper duly attested by the First Class Magistrate along with the Technical proposal (Mandatory).
- Financial Bids of the Technical qualified bidder(s) / firm(s) will be opened in sequence. The firms declared as lowest evaluated financial bidders in two (02) subsequent contracts will not be considered for opening of their more Financial Bids for other contracts and their remaining Financial Bids will not be opened.
- Bidders are required to submit their bids strictly in accordance to Condition of Tender/Bidding Document and NIT. Proposal must be prepared in hard book binding form to deny the possibility of addition or removal of page(s). All pages of proposal must be placed in sequence / sections as mentioned in Bidding Documents, numbered (staring form first to last page), signed and stamped (both Technical and Financial Bids) in original by owner of the firm or by a person or persons duly authorized to sign. This shall be indicated by submitting a written Power of Attorney authorizing the signatory of the tenderer to act for and on behalf of the tenderer. Non-compliance of Instructions to Tenderers/Bidders will lead to disqualification / non-responsiveness of bid at the time of opening of Technical Bids. However, with the Financial Bids, a complete set of Tender/Bidding Document (signed and stamped in all pages by owner of firm/authorized representative) duly issued by NHA must be attached.
- The firm(s) providing unsubstantiated or incorrect information / document(s) shall be liable to legal action and disqualification or termination of contract at any stage.
- National Highway Authority reserves the right to accept or reject all or any bid(s) as per the PPRA Rule No. 30 (1).
(ENGR. MUSHTAQ AHMED KUBDANI)
General Manager (Balochistan West Makran)
NHA Complex, Fish Harbour Road, Gwadar
Ph: 0864-210248, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org